Unique Parental Controls
November 15, 2019
Cancel any time
November 15, 2019

Bring their old number

If this is your child’s first phone, or they don’t have a SIM with a phone number – don’t worry, the ParentShield SIM will provide a phone number.

If your child already has a mobile phone, and you want to move over to ParentShield, you can keep their existing phone number. The process of transferring, or “porting” a mobile phone number is fairly straightforward.

Here’s the process to follow:

  1. Place your order at https://parentshield.co.uk/ for the tariff you want. Don’t worry about which one too much as you can change tariffs at any time online or by calling or emailing the office. We’ll send you your new ParentShield SIM that will be ready to use straight away. Until the process is completed the SIM will have a temporary number provided by us.
  2. Get a PAC from your old phone company. A PAC will be a code in the form of a few letters and then a few numbers. You can do this by texting “PAC” to 65075 from the handset on the old network. You may need to provide a few extra details for verification.
  3. Pass the PAC to us along with the phone number that is coming over to us. There is a form below or you can also find it at: https://parentshield.co.uk/number-porting/
  4. We will acknowledge receiving it straight away, and when the port is complete ( usually 48 working hours or so ) we’ll let you know this is the case.
  5. Restart the mobile phone by fully powering it off. Removing the battery for 10 minutes is ideal if you can. If not, holding the power button for a few seconds should bring up an option to power down the phone. Wait a few minutes, and then fire it up again.