Data Set-up Guide
To be able to use Data with our SIMs you will need to create a new "Access Point Name".
Every phone is different so you may want to refer to the manual for the phone you're setting up but the basics are the same on most devices.
You need to set up a new APN of mobiledata, and turn on mobile data AND data roaming.
From the home screen, tap the Menu button
1) Tap Settings
2) Tap Mobile networks.
3) Tap Access Point Names
4) Tap New APN ( or click on the + symbol )
5) Enter mobiledata in both the Name and the APN fields
6) Ensure the field if the username and password are empty, then tap OK or the three dots menu and Save.
7) Tap Save and if presented with a list of APN make sure the mobiledata APN is selected.
8) Turn on Mobile Data and Mobile Roaming
From the home screen:
1) Tap Settings
2) In the first section tap Mobile Data
3) tap: Mobile Data Network
4) Enter the following settings into the onscreen APN form, without changing any other settings:
APN - mobiledata
Username - (leave this blank)
Password - (leave this blank)
5) Tap the left arrow at the top three times
6) Press the home button
7) On the status bar at the top of the screen, next to the name of your mobile network, you should now see a data connection indicator 4G, 3G, E or GPRS. This means the data connection is live and working
Setting Mobile Data on an Android mobileHere's a video of our Head of Mumbling setting up an Android Mobile for Mobile Data.
The basic principles are the same on all devices - it's just a job of finding the setting in the menu:
- Go to Settings
- Find Networking and Mobile Data Settings
- Turn On Mobile Data and Mobile Roaming
- Find and Delete any old APN records
- Add a new APN called mobiledata with an APN of mobiledata
- Save the New APN