Blocking iMessage ActivationOctober 21, 2020
Self-help guide.December 22, 2020
PLEASE NOTE SOME SERVICES MAY TAKE A LITTLE WHILE TO STABILISE
We have updated our platform to accommodate our new 4G SIM cards.
If you have received a new SIM from us, here is what you need to know….
- Power the phone off completely.
- Insert the New SIM
- Restart the Phone
- Put the phone somewhere there is a good Signal and wait up to 10 minutes for registration to complete. ( you may have to bear with us here as activating thousands of SIM cards in a short space of time will potentially cause a queue! )
- Check Data Settings – https://parentshield.co.uk/data-guide/ as the phone’s APN will need changing to “dataconnect” for best performance.
If everything has gone to plan – that’s all there is to it!
If things don’t work:
- The SIM card has been prepared for 3G/4G phones. If you have a basic feature phone then there is a possibility that it is 2G only and we will need to re-configure the SIM you have “over the air” to connect to 2G networks. If you think this is the case please email email@example.com or call 03301221180 and we will see to this as quickly as possible.
- If you are getting “no service” it is possible that the new profile has slightly different connection properties – please try placing the phone in an area with good signal – possibly outdoors. This will allow the phone to register and find the best network.
- Double check that the SIM is correctly inserted and that Roaming is turned on.
We’ll be available on : 03301221180 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you need us.