At a glance - what data we collect, and how it is used.
- Data to identify you and ensure that we can detect and prevent fraud
- Data to progress and deliver your order
- Sending you service updates and notifications
- Data collected regarding calls, SMS and data generated by use of your service
- Information that allows us to know you as a customer and ensure that we can continue to develop features that you want
Who we are?
are to Engine Mobile Ltd, Pioneer House, Stenson Road, Stenson,
Derby, DE73 7HL. (Owners and copyright holders of the ParentShield system and Trade Mark.)
The purpose of this statement is to set out how we use personal information that we may obtain about you. By either registering as a user of any services provided by Us on this website and by using any of our services generally, you should understand that we will presume you have understood and agree to this use.
What information we collect and how
The information we collect via this website may include:
- Any personal details you type in and submit such as name, address,
email address, etc.
- Data which allows us to recognise you, your preferences and
how you use this website. This saves you from re-entering information
when you return to the site. This data is collected by cookies
from your navigation around the site. Our cookies are set for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
Our sites are all compliant with the new EU cookie legislation for this reason. We have also determined that it is also essential for the provision of our service.
A cookie is a small amount
of data, which we send to your computer. The data is then stored
on your browser or hard disk. Most web browsers can be set to
prevent you from receiving new cookies, notify you before accepting
cookies or disable cookies altogether. Details about this can
normally be found in the Help facility provided with your browser.
If you disable cookies, you will not be able to receive personalised
facilities. The cookies store information only for as long as
you are viewing the website. If you do not want your visits to
our website to be monitored in this way you can disable certain
cookie functions as described below: If you wish, you can usually
adjust your browser so that your computer does not accept cookies.
If you do this, you will still be able to browse around the site
but certain functions will not be available. Alternatively you
can adjust your browser to tell you when a website tries to put
a cookie on your computer. How you adjust your browser to stop
it accepting cookies or to notify you of them, will depend on
the type of Internet browser programme your computer uses. If
your computer uses Microsoft Windows Explorer or Mozilla Firefox,
you will need to follow these instructions after clicking onto
this link www.allaboutcookies.org.
Go to the heading "Manage Cookies". Click onto the option
you prefer, either stopping cookies being installed, or notifying
you of them. From the list provided, click onto the programme,
which your computer uses. If this is not shown on the list, click
on the "help" heading on the bar at the top of this
page, search for information on "cookies" - an explanation
of how to delete cookies will appear, then follow these instructions.
- Your browser also generates other information, including which
language the site is displayed in, and your Internet Protocol
address ("IP address"). An IP address is a set of numbers
which is assigned to your computer during a browsing session whenever
you log on to the Internet via your internet service provider
or your network (if you access the Internet from, for example,
a computer at work). Your IP address is automatically logged by
our servers and used to collect traffic data about visitors to
our web sites. We do not use your IP address to identify you personally
but these logs may contain unique identifiable information left
by your computer.
- Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
Any personal information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and other applicable laws.
Under no circumstances do we pass your details to anyone without your permission except verified lawful requests by the Police on behalf of the Home Office as required of us by OFCOM.
The details we collect will be used:
- To process your enquiry, to maintain records and to provide
after-sales service. We will always maintain your details within our Company and never pass details to any third party without your request.
- To provide the 'customer portal' where you can access and view call records, history and information.
- We may use information that you provide or that is obtained
- To register you with our web site and to administer our
web site services.
- To follow up with you in case of system errors or for genuine customer-service connections.
- For assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer and product
analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the
services which we offer and to enable us to provide you and
other customers with relevant information through our marketing
programme. We may use your information to make decisions about
you using computerised technology, for example automatically
selecting products or services which we think will interest
you from the information we have. We may keep you informed
of such products and services (including special offers, discounts,
offers, and competitions and so on by any of the following
- email - when there are important changes or service announcements we will primarily use email to do this.
- telephone - we may occasionally have to call if there is an issue we feel important. We're nice people and we promise never to pressure or harass you in any way. If you would prefer to communicate solely by email and SMS - just let us know.
- Post - to deliver your SIM card and joining pack.
- To register you with our web site and to administer our web site services.
- At each stage of your purchase of telecoms services we'll drop you a quick email with a 'transactional' note of what we've done. We will ask if you can provide feedback too to let us know how we're doing. As with all things, if you want something to be different, just ask, and We promise to investigate and try and find a solution. Please see the contact details below.
All data storage is held within our own servers hosted and administered exclusively by Us. Our own UK hosting centre is accessed only by Us, and secured physically and electronically to the highest standards. From time to time, we may need to pass the information we collect to other companies for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use our site and issuing our emails for us. Rest assured that third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes and are only able to process the minimum amount of data necessary.
Third Party ProcessingReviews Platform: reviews.io
When you place an order via our website, your email address and name, along with the stock code of the product you have purchased are passed to this company with the purpose of administering an independent review service. No other details are passed to them. Their contact details:
LIQUID NEW MEDIA LIMITED
29 St Nicholas Place
Leicester, LE1 4LD
UK Phone Number: 0116 350 0610
Each communication from them will include an unsubscribe link and processing is limited to one or two emails requesting feedback or regarding clarification of feedback.
- You can ask us to update or remove your personal information
by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at our customer services address below. You'll get a reply almost immediately and your request taken care of in a matter of hours - not days or weeks.However,
please note that we may need to keep some personal data in order
to process orders or to comply with customer service or after
- You also have the right to request a copy of any personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply write to us at the following address, or email email@example.com If you want to know what we're doing with your data, just ask and we'll tell you.
- You have the right to ask us to remove any data we hold. We also do this as soon as an account is closed with the exception of data necessary for ongoing compliance purposes.
- You have the right to request that we correct any incorrect information that we may hold.
Please direct any query to:
- Customer Services (Data Request)
Engine Mobile Ltd
UK Phone Number: 03301221180
This domain will never be used or allowed to send unsolicited email (also known as UCE or SPAM). We strictly only allow to be sent emails to people who have registered their details with the sender and requested these communications in accordance with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 (as amended).
Recordings and Data Policy
All call recordings are securely stored in an encrypted format in a secure facility. They are only accessible by the account holder. The process for this is no different to that employed by any Mobile Network provider who will store your voicemail messages on their servers.
Recordings and SMS transcripts are scheduled for automatic secure destruction to UK Infosec5 approved standard after 6 months, with the data being overwritten multiple times before deletion.