The summer holidays are now in full swing, and whilst kids all over are enjoying their adventures, we wanted to add a dash of fun and learning to their break. So, we have put together this little Mobile Phones Quiz.
This quiz is an engaging way to explore the exciting world of mobile technology. Join us as we take a journey through the fascinating features, popular games, and interesting facts about mobile phones that will leave kids both entertained and enlightened during their summer holidays!
1. Which mobile phone feature allows you to access the internet and make phone calls while you are travelling in another country?
a) Roaming b) Travel mode c) International access
2. What country is credited with creating emojis?
a) Japan b) United States c) South Korea
3. Which popular mobile game involves capturing virtual creatures in the real world using your phone’s camera?
a) Candy Crush b) Pokémon GO c) Subway Surfers
4. What do we call the small card that you insert into your phone to store extra pictures, videos, and files?
a) SIM card b) Memory card c) Battery
5. Which mobile phone feature allows you to connect your phone to other devices like headphones or speakers wirelessly?
a) Wi-Fi b) Bluetooth c) Infrared
6. Which mobile phone feature allows you to see who is calling you before you answer the call?
a) Caller ID b) Missed call notification c) Caller info preview
7. Which company created the first commercially available mobile phone in 1983?
a) Nokia b) Motorola c) Samsung
8. What’s the name of the digital assistant on Android phones that can perform tasks and answer questions through voice commands?
a) Alexa b) Siri c) Google Assistant
9. What is the minimum age requirement to use WhatsApp?
a) Twelve b) Fourteen c) Sixteen
10. What is the term for the procedure of enabling a mobile phone to operate on a mobile network other than the one that initially supplied it?
a) Hacking b) Jailbreaking c) Unlocking
11. What do we call the unique series of numbers assigned to a mobile phone for identification and activation purposes?
a) Serial number b) Phone ID c) IMEI number
12. What do we call the technology that enables you to unlock your phone using your fingerprint or face?
a) Faceprint recognition b) Biometric security c) Touch recognition unlock
13. What do we call the virtual assistant on Apple devices that can perform tasks and answer questions through voice commands?
a) Siri b) Alexa c) Cortana
14. In which decade was 2G technology first commercially deployed?
a) 1980s b) 1990s c) 2000s
15. Which mobile phone brand is known for its iconic “Snake” game that became immensely popular in the late 1990s?
a) Nokia b) Sony Ericsson c) Motorola
16. Which mobile phone operating system is known for its friendly green robot mascot?
a) iOS b) Android c) Windows Phone
17. Which mobile phone brand is known for its fruit-themed logo and sleek design?
a) Banana b) Apple c) Orange
18. What do we call the software that controls the basic functions of a mobile phone and allows you to run apps?
a) Operating System b) Application Software c) Processor
19. In which decade was 3G technology first commercially deployed?
a) 1980s b) 1990s c) 2000s
20. What is the term used for the protection of personal information and data on a mobile phone?
a) Device defence b) Phone safety c) Cybersecurity
- a) Roaming
- a) Japan
- b) Pokémon GO
- b) Memory card
- b) Bluetooth
- a) Caller ID
- b) Motorola
- c) Google Assistant
- c) Sixteen
- c) Unlocking
- c) IMEI number
- b) Biometric security
- a) Siri
- b) 1990s
- a) Nokia
- b) Android
- b) Apple
- a) Operating System
- c) 2000s
- c) Cybersecurity